To qualify, schools must comply with and meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a registered Ontario elementary or high school, public or private. Daycares and adult education courses are not permitted.
- Must submit their application by December 31, 2017 – note that grants may be allocated by this time, so applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
- Must have approval from school principal to set-up the project and administer the funds.
- Applications must be submitted online by completing the appropriate form.
- Projects that are accepted must be viable over time, and do so without the continual support of the Green Apple School Program.
- Metro reserves the right to allow grants according to geographic representation across the province.
- Projects will be analyzed on a first-come, first-serve basis and grants will be allocated if all the conditions are met.
- As part of its corporate responsibility approach, METRO is committed to making a positive contribution to the communities in which it operates and sources its merchandise. To ensure that METRO invests in these specific communities, grants will be awarded to schools located within a radius of 30 km of a Metro or Food Basics store.
- Projects must be completed by June 22, 2018.
Eligibility criteria can be changed without prior notice.