- Funding will be paid directly to the selected school (made payable to the school as detailed in the application form) to cover the expenses of their project.
- METRO will invest up to $500,000 in Ontario to support the Green Apple School Program. Grants worth $1,000 each will be awarded to selected applicants.
- Any one school can receive a maximum of two grants during the school yearfor two different projects.
- All funding must support the selected school’s nutrition education initiatives and those initiatives must meet the criteria. The class/school must provide a project post-mortem including a compilation of achieved results, once the project is completed.
- Grants awarded to schools must be used to cover expenses for the completion of the projects.
- Classes/schools must submit a summary report at the end of the project.
- If a grant is awarded, a cheque payable to the school will be sent directly to the Principal (please ensure that they are aware they will be receiving it). Please allow 6-8 weeks for the cheque to be processed.
- Grants will be announced and posted on here as they are awarded. You will also receive a notification email once your application has been processed, notifying you if it has been either approved or decline.
- As the projects must be completed before the end of the school year, cheques not cashed before the end the validity period will not be reissued.