3. Criteria of GrantDescription
- Environmental initiatives can take place within school property, outside on school grounds or within the school community.
- i.e. Purchase of new recycling bins, tree planting on school property or weekly clean-ups of community playground
- All environmental initiatives must support at least one of the following environmental goals:
- Ecological resource management: water savings, energy savings, raw material (ex. paper, compost), etc.
- Ecological waste management: waste free lunches, etc.
- Protection of eco-systems and biodiversity. ex. tree planting, park or river bank cleaning.
- Environmental initiative must support school curriculum criteria
- See www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum
- Must submit application no later than December 31, 2011
- All projects must contain an "awareness" component, and raise consciousness amongst students and/or the community.
- Projects that are accepted must be viable in time, and do so without the continual support of the Green Apple School Program (the Selection Committee will ensure that the program does not finance the same project two years in a row).